Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sound Observation #1

Ocean in the Dark - Sounds at Sea

For my first sound observation I decided to visit the beach at night, as I find it to be an extremely calming experience. Its after midnight and only a few people are stretched along the never ending shore. With my body resting completely on the sand and my eyes comfortably closed, I am engulfed by the powerful sloshing of the waves. As they approach the shore, they clap against each other in a repetitive rumble. The wind tears its way down the beach in a powerful gush that compliments and drives the thunder of the ocean. Not too far off the quiet murmuring of voices is heard for an instant, but is soon overpowered by the gliding hum of an aircraft in the sky. When the aircraft moves away and it's loud sound dies down, the voices re-emerge closer and more audible. Their sound builds with intensity as they pan along my audible plane and disappear under the waves and wind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment